I did something dumb today. I accidentally deleted all the pictures off of my camera. Regular readers may have heard me say "I can't upload pics because I can't find the cord to hook up my camera to the computer." Yeah, there were a LOT of pictures on there that I had never uploaded... mostly of Adelle, pretty much since we left the hospital. My dad is trying to find some way to retrieve as many as he can from the card, but we'll see what happens. I bawled and bawled... so, then I learned today... guess what! This laptop has a memory card reader built into it! I could've been loading pictures all this time. I never even thought about that.
So, to make myself feel a little better (momentarily), I took pictures of some cards I've made for sketch/challenge sites.

Yes, I already showed you this one, but now you can actually see it. This is from Sketch #4 on the Card Patterns blog (link to the right). I tried to make it the right coloring to show the green of the paper, but I don't know if it's quite right. Ah well.
This next one is sketch #1 for the 365 Cards blog. I like using sketches. It's a good springboard.

This last one was a challenge instead of a sketch... This is the Monday challenge on 365 Cards. The challenge was to use no more than 2 embellishments, which is easy for me... I don't use a lot of embellishments. So, my embellishments are ribbon and... ribbon I guess.

Anyway, enjoy! And don't feel too sorry for me about the pictures. I'm coping... and praying that daddy can fix my screw-up :P
10 comments:
I love the Just Because card. they're all great, but I especially love the Just Because one. You're very talented.
And I have to agree about the built in memory card reader - it's awesome. I don't think I've used my camera cord to connect in over a year...the problem is that sometimes I forgot to pull the card out when I want to use my camera.
All your cards are lovely, Heidi, and I'm glad you have joined us!
i love all your cards! the one u did for cardpatterns is graphic, love it! and the one for 365 sketches is reallly nice too, i enjoy the soft colours :)
thanks for palying along with us!
Very neat card! Love the colors and you did a nice job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us.
that stinks heidi, data loss is soooo frustrating
I love the cards that you've made! They are way cool. I'm sorry to hear about the pictures though, but I'm sure that with your Dad's tech-savvy-ness, he'll be able to figure something out!
Your cards are beautiful! The butterfly is gorgeous!!!!
I am SO sorry about your camera card! I sincerely hope you can recapture them!!!! How heartbreaking!
My husband accidentally threw our camera away in the garbage, and then burned the garbage after Christmas a few years ago. So, I know what you're going through!
Your cards are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at 365!!
GREAT cards!! Thanks for playing along over at 365 cards!!!
Lovely cards. I do hope you faind all of your photos!!
Post a Comment