06 March 2009

more cards (get used to it i guess)

These are the cards from the last 2 days on 365 Cards.

Wednesday's challenge was to create a card based on an advertisement and I chose to use this vintage Bell Telephone ad:


Here's the card I came up with.... I really need to get some more sentiment stamps. All I have is "thanks" and an alphabet. I don't want to always have to use stickers. I wasn't as 'inspired' as I'd hoped... but maybe you'll see my interpretation of the ad...


The other challenge was Thankful Thursday, to create a simple thank you card that could easily/quickly be recreated for when I would need to make many thank you cards. I think the key is just finding nice paper that just kind of speaks for itself. Here it is:

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

FABulous cards...cupcakes and butterflies...my favorites!!! Thanks for playing!!

Anonymous said...

I really like the Thank You card, it's awesome!

Lea L. said...

Wonderful cards!! I just love that damask printed butterfly...it is fabulous! Great job with the challenges!

~Lea

Vicky said...

Nice job on both of these! They're fantastic! Thanks for joining us!

Elaine said...

I see it! The scallops on your card mimick her apron and you carried the colors over nicely too! Super job especially since you worked with limited materials!

Kristie Larsen said...

gasp! I love this ad! ITs so adorable and such a great card too! Nice work on the challenge
thanks for playing!
k