07 January 2008


Yay KU! I am so proud of KU's football team in how well they played in the Orange Bowl on Thursday night against VTech. It was an exciting game and a great (free :P) birthday present for Luke.

Saturday marked 3 months that Luke and I have been married. We didn't do much to celebrate because I wasn't really home, but we've already been through so much in just the 3 months. I mentioned in Fast and Testimony Meeting yesterday at church that marriage allows for so many opportunities to be refined. Compromising and forfeiting selfishness... I find myself often submitting my will to that of the Lord and it has truly made my life better. Of course being able to spend every day with my best friend has helped with that, but sometimes we just get under each other's skin. I'm grateful for the principle of forgiveness. I do stupid and insensitive things. So does Luke. But we've made a commitment for eternity and we love each other a lot, so we're willing to get through anything and we're willing to try harder in the first place, so we can prevent those larger issues that could arise.

On Saturday, Karen and Adam's wedding reception was gorgeous. They did mostly black and white with red roses/petals on the tables. It was apparent that everything they did was well-planned, like they had a slideshow and an original song sung by Karen's brother-in-law. I loved how they put a small engagement picture in the center of each page in their guest book. I was able to help them set up and had a lot of fun catching up with Adam and Karen's sisters, who are all hilarious and gorgeous. It's funny how every wedding/reception is so personalized. The highlight of the evening was Adam and Karen's first dance where they did a choreographed routine to OK Go's "Here We Go Again," which is the song famous for its music video -- a choreographed treadmill dance. I ended up making a card and envelope for them and really enjoyed using my creativity for the first time in a while.
Luke is going to be starting this week or next as a paraeducator with me at Free State. I think it will be a great situation... we'll be able to carpool, we'll have the same schedules (at least until he starts school), and we'll both have benefits and decent pay. I'm excited about it. AND we'll both be busy enough that we won't be in each other's hair too much.

I am grateful for friends who remind me of the blessings that come from the temple.

No comments: