In my last post, I mentioned my friends Karen and Adam getting married. They posted their first dance from their wedding reception on YouTube and it's. awesome. I don't know why I was even kind of surprised.
So, Luke started as a para on Friday. I think it'll be really great working together. Both of us are out of the building for hours out of the day and we really only saw each other for about 20 minutes, so I don't think we'll get sick of each other, but we can still carpool to work and all that. It's also really nice to have someone to talk to about everything that happens each day (every day is packed full of the unexpected... i'll just put it that way). I'm really excited about this... and so is our bank account. I'm just glad it worked out. He won't get his first paycheck until the end of January, so things are a little tight for us until then, but I think it's building our character :)
I'm starting to really want a dog. We won't get one any time soon, but I go every morning, Monday through Friday, to the Humane Society animal shelter for over an hour with a couple of students. We've been playing with puppies, teaching them how to play right, and petting bunnies and rats and it's been a lot of fun. To get to the puppies, we walk by all the kennels of the slightly older dogs and I've fallen in love with a few of them (particularly the ones who don't bark, but just stare at us longingly as we walk by). It's a nice change from just being at school all day, but it does also have it's disadvantages (the hint of dog smell in my hair and the fact that the 2 puppies we worked with on friday managed to pee a total of 3 times on the linoleum floor within the hour that we were there).
I let my sister Kelly take scissors to my hair yesterday. I let her cut some bangs and she made it about shoulder length with a slight layer. I'll probably have to go get it done right soon (eventually), but I was just needing a change. I really like the bangs, but Lori kept telling me today that she wished she could see my face. I might post a picture at some point if I decide I'm not too embarrassed to be seen with it.
Life is good. I'm grateful for that.
Oh, and I love Sara Bareilles.
4 comments:
That video is great! Such a cute and funny idea. It led me to find many other videos of choreographed dances to OK Go songs at weddings. I had no idea how common it was. Still hilarious though!
thanks for the link heidar
uh, so this has nothing to do with your post, but i was looking at your profile picture, and i think the sky white space between you and luke and your hands looks like a bird flying. do you see it? i like it.
i tagged you. see my blog for details.
Post a Comment