01 January 2008

Christmas, New Year's Eve, etc.

Luke has gotten me slightly hooked to Need For Speed: Most Wanted on the XBOX360. He borrowed it from my brother Craig, but also has it for his PS2. I few days ago I started my own profile on there and have had fun racing, winning money, evading cop chases, and souping up my cars. I realize this makes me even more of a huge nerd, but it's fun for every once in a while (lately it's been more than once in a while since I don't go back to work until Thursday).

Christmas was a great and busy day. Luke and I went to family celebrations both on his side and mine. That's the blessing and the headache of having the majority of both of our families here in Lawrence. We started out in the morning at Luke's brother's home to watch our nieces McKenzie and Madison open their presents from Santa. Later that afternoon, we went to the Stock family gathering, where we ate a delicious meal, opened some presents, then played Pictionary for a while (we didn't have the actual game and were just making up the words for the other team... I had to draw Postpartum Depression. Amazingly enough, Marty guessed it!). We had a lot of fun there.

At about 5:45, we went to the Schellman gathering at my parents' house, where they were just finishing up dinner. We did our Dirty Santa gift exchange (like white elephant), then opened regular presents starting with the youngest and moving our way up by age.

With both of our families being vast in number, we're glad that they both draw names for our regular Christmas exchange, so we don't all go completely broke. We had 2 desserts that night and everyone was in a really good mood. I wish I'd taken some pictures, but I didn't even think of it with everyone being so busy.

For New Year's Eve, we had our friends Matt and Ali over. We played games, watched a movie, ate Papa Murphy's and yummy grape jello cake with cool whip, then just took some goofy pictures (to come soon) and called it a night. It was a lot of fun.

Luke's birthday (as well as the Orange Bowl) is on Thursday, so I think some snachos and festivities will be in order.

Happy New Year, everyone!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

snachos? I don't know what those are or why you would want to have them on Luke's birthday. You're weird.

Lori said...

are snachos like snausages? grape jello cake? sounds gross.

Al said...

need for speed.... heidi, luke has made you amazing. :)

Heidi said...

snachos are just nachos with sausage in it as the meat. they are tasty, but you can't have a lot at a time.

and the grape jello cake was delicious. you just pour hot jello into a white cake after it's baked and let it chill, then put cool whip on top. luke really likes grape.