05 November 2007

unexpected experiences: marriage

Any time something interesting happens in my life ... you know, when I should be documenting it... I don't have the time! Hopefully this will help with that, where I can add a thought here and there. I've been blogging for a long time (www.xanga.com/adelheide8), but I've switched over to Blogger because I've watched my sister Lori use it for quite a while now and it seems more convenient.

I have recently become married to my best friend Luke... October 5, 2007. Luke and I were married in the Nauvoo, Illinois Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and it was a beautiful ceremony. I was so excited about the event and making it to that point, that I didn't take much time to think about how completely my life would change after that point. Every day is a surprise. We've had conversations about whose dad could beat up the other, funny sounds we each make in our sleep, why I should be able to use the block cheese instead of the grated ... each day is less expected than the one before.

Yesterday the apartment above us had her water heater bust, meaning we got some leakage into our kitchen. Our apartment maintenance is so up to par that we got to work the shop vac to suck up the water, while he went and did something else. We can't really complain, considering we got the least of it in our building, but these are things I never had to worry about before I was married (I lived at home up to that point).

The wedding was practically perfect. I'll be one of the few women to admit that a wedding reception is just a party, but it's important to remember that it's just as much about your family, friends, and relatives, as it is about you. My family helped so much with everything, it's ridiculous. I'm so grateful for their willingness to do so much. It directly shows that they support my decision to be married.

It's bedtime, but you'll hear from me soon.

yay for eternal families and the opportunity to begin my own. yay for the countless blessings that come from being married in the temple. yay for a new start and a new life. yay for luke and yay for us, together for eternity.

1 comment:

Lori said...

yay, I'm glad that you're starting to blog! Of course, in order for it to be a real blog, you need some pictures!