
I feel so weak when I'm sick. My chest is filled with grossness and I'm coughing practically nonstop. I should be at work right now, but seeing as I work at a school (I'm a special ed. paraeducator for one of the local high schools), I didn't think it'd be the best idea to infect everyone else.
My dear friend Adam took our wedding pictures at the reception and did such a good job. My sister Kelly took the ones at Nauvoo, which I also love. I'm making a couple of photo books from Shutterfly.com (I have 2 free ones from various wedding registries) and it has been a lot of fun doing the layouts, captions, etc. It's like scrapbooking on the computer. I need to buy a wedding album, so I can scrapbook for real.
My sister Lori did my flowers and I've gotten SO MANY compliments on the bouquet especially. There's even a friend getting married in January who asked me about it, so she could get the same person.
My mom did my cake and some people were u

nsure of her success... until they saw the finished product. I loved it! The orange ribbon gave it a nice touch, and of course the flowers were again arranged by Lori. Mom spent weeks concocting the perfect cake recipe, followed by the perfect frosting recipe and it was all so delicious. The frosting was light and airy and had just a tiny hint of orange and lemon to it. I LOVED it. We can't wait to eat the top of the cake when it finally comes time. We might just wait until our 6 month because I've heard about the whole year not always being the greatest success. I wrapped it up tight in foil and closed it into a freezer bag also, so we'll see.

I love the fact that Luke pretty much picked out his own outfit for the wedding and looked so sharp. He sure was stubborn about that 3rd button, but it does kind of make it look like he's posing for a magazine or something :) I love that even if we've just been disagreeing about something, moments later we can have resolved it and are laughing about something completely different. We've made a goal that we will never go to bed without resolving any kind of conflict that we've had during the day. Then we can have an honestly connected family prayer at the end of the night instead of just still being grumpy (I can stay grumpy for a while if I'm allowed). In the photo book that I'm making, Luke agreed to journal (I will do the same) his feelings/thoughts from that day in Nauvoo. I'm excited to see what he has to say.
Everything turned out so great and I realize that I did so little of what was done. Thank you a thousand times to everyone who helped (there were many of you). It means the world to Luke and me.
Now the hard part is cleaning up the mess. I have a lot of leftover decorations and nowhere to put them. I'm hoping that some of these marriages coming up (I have several friends getting married between now and January) will allow me to pass on some of these things.
3 comments:
Yeah, I still have wedding decorations that someday will end up decorations for something I am sure. I just don't know what.
How is this in German? IS that on purpose or is my computer remembering its from Germany?
Rebecca (I don't know if you can see my name or not)
ummmmm i think it's just your computer (what..?)
i see english. yay for being married! now we can exchange family christmas cards (weird, huh? i can't believe i'm going to do that this year.)
Post a Comment