27 July 2008

Walmart & Target bags everywhere!

Well, since we don't get the newspaper, we decided to use all the Walmart and Target bags from under our sink to pack all the fragile things. So far it's working well and we have many to spare. Every time I finish a box, I get this gratifying feeling like we're that much closer of getting out of this dump and well, yay for that. And while a house is a LONG way off for us still, I feel like this is a move up for us, which is definitely a good thing.

Some of the things I REALLY like right now:
  • Walmart brand vanilla ice cream (it's Blue Bunny just in a cheaper box, did you know?) with crunched up Golden (vanilla instead of chocolate) OREOS in it. YUM.
  • www.failblog.org - SO FUNNY.
  • free digital scrapbooking websites (I can link to some in a later post if you're interested)
  • duct tape
  • feeling the baby move pretty much every day now
  • finding Ben Folds Five (the CD with the piano on the cover) for $3.50 at Goodwill - I'm SLOWLY rebuilding my CD collection since all my CDs got stolen earlier this year, which includes burning copies of a lot of the ones I had backed up on my computer.
  • all the boxes Becky collected for us from work (THANK YOU!!!)
  • using large plastic totes for moving

I am really looking forward to this next week. We get out of this dumpy place on Tuesday, then my best friend Jenn gets home from her mission on Wednesday!! Also, Luke's brother is coming into town and staying with us starting Tuesday night and my little brother Eric and brother-in-law Chris have a birthday on Thursday. MOST IMPORTANTLY, we have an OB appointment on Wednesday, which will include another sonogram, meaning we better find out the gender of our child this time! If not, we'll live... and we'll be able to tell said child many stories of how difficult it was before it was even born (I hate that I have say it), but we're hoping!

It's going to be a very busy week, but a good one for sure. Wish us luck!!

3 comments:

Adelheide said...

You definitely need to post links to those digital scrapbooking sites. I really want to get into that.

Kate said...

plastic bags, huh??? thanks for the idea!!!!! :)

Yay for moving!!! if you need help, let me know!!!!!!!

I'm so excited for you guys for Wednesday. Good luck and have a wonderful week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck today with the ultrasound! Did you get moved? I hope you enjoy your new home.