06 July 2008

for everything there is a time and a season

For 4th of July, we went to my parents' house to have some festivities. We did a cookout, then just hung out, lit off some fireworks, and then my fam headed to the city fireworks. Luke and I planned to go to the city show, but we waited a little too long to get there and it was just ridiculously packed. The parking was a nightmare and neither of us had the energy or patience to wade through the traffic, so we just decided to go home. I had to work the next morning anyway. But it was a fun holiday and any holiday is good if you get to spend it with family, which we did. I took some pictures, but I accidentally left my camera at my parents' house, so I'll post pictures at some point.

Today was the great day where most of the EFY counselors were in our ward, since the KU session starts tomorrow. I saw so many familiar faces and it was really fun to catch up with them. I really loved the EFY years and learned so much about myself, about the youth of the church (who truly amaze me), about teaching, and so much more. Seeing the counselors today was a great reminder of that. I hope the weather cooperates with them this week. KU is always a rough session when it comes to the humidity and heat.

Yesterday marked 9 months for mine and Luke's marriage. It's crazy to think that we've just now been married for the amount of time it takes to have a baby. BUT I'm in my 20th week, so come Friday my pregnancy is halfway over! So far, the time still seems to going by quickly, but I'm sure that feeling will change come October or so. The only awkward part of it right now is that yes, I'm showing a bit, but I'm still at the stage where people might think I'm just getting kind of fat in the belly. Ah well.

I'm becoming more motivated to get some things done before the baby comes. I guess I'm starting to realize how different life will be once that happens... especially at first I'm not going to have much time to be concerned about anything else. So, I guess this is the time.

No comments: