30 September 2008

one day at a time

i've decided i'm not going to complain about all of the not fun things i've had to deal with in pregnancy. people say the 1st is typically the worst and i'm going to hope that's true. i will say that i am measuring 6 weeks ahead of schedule, so i have to have a FOURTH sonogram on Wednesday the 8th. we'll see what they say then, but i'm guessing i won't be having the baby too early. it all depends on how big she actually measures when we have the sonogram.

today has been an interesting day at work because almost every kid has acted out besides the girl i primarily work with (thank goodness). she has actually been extremely cooperative and willing to work today. we walked 8 laps around the gym this morning, which i think took all the fight out of her :) it's like President Hinckley would always say, that the best medicine is to go to work!

last night i decided to make pumpkin gooey cake because i'd had the stuff to make it for a long time. it is really not a healthy dessert, but is probably one of the most delicious desserts i've ever had. you can also substitute the pumpkin and have banana or pineapple gooey cake, etc, but i imagine you can't beat the pumpkin. so basically, i highly recommend it.

and... sunday is mine and luke's first anniversary (and it's General Conference weekend! yay!)!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I only had one sonogram during my pregnancy and I was always paranoid that there would be something physically wrong with her because I had only seen her the one time. :)

I hope everything else is going well and I'm glad it has sounded like a good day today. Keep up the awesome work!

Meg said...

Hello- you don't know me but I know your husband from high school. I found your blog and I read it every now and then (hope you don't mind!) and I just wanted to say Congratulations on your one-year anniversary and the baby! That is so exciting! It's really weird to think of Luke being a dad... but I'm way excited for you guys!