12 September 2008
Eternally connected
I was sitting on the loveseat after school today, finishing an episode of Friends from Season 7 (Luke and I have been working on watching the whole show all the way through), when little Baby Girl started kicking me right in the middle of my belly (about 2 inches above my bellybutton) several times. After about 20 seconds of kicking, I put my hand on the spot where I felt her, only to feel her not kicking but rather pushing back on my hand. For about 10 more seconds we were connected in that way until I felt her shift to another position. I cannot begin to describe how powerful that 10 seconds was. I can't really explain it, but it's pretty easy to forget that not only is that a real soul inside of me, spirit and flesh, but it is my daughter. I am a mother and through the power of God have provided for this child of God to have her turn on earth. It makes me wonder how much she already understands about who she is and her relationship to me and Luke. It makes me wonder if she just likes the sound of Luke laughing or if she responds because she understands that she's his baby girl. It makes me wonder how much she still remembers from the preexistence where she dwelt with God. Maybe she already knows me and I'm the one who has just forgotten. I cannot wait to teach her that she is a daughter of God and to teach her about her incredible divine worth. I already love her so much and can't even imagine how exponentially that love will grow in the years to come. I hope I'll always be able to remember these feelings of gratitude to my Heavenly Father as the time grows closer and closer to finally meet our little one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Heidi that is sooo sweet! There is just nothing like being a mother, and you will be a great one, and teach her the truth! I had a moment like that right after Kenzie was born, when they kept her in the nursery and I heard a baby crying and instantly knew it was her, and when they brought her in the room to eat I said "hello pretty girl are you hungry" and she stopped crying and just looked at me, and I knew we were connected and will be forever! What you said brought tears to my eyes and made me remember that moment, and the many that followed! I can't wait to see picture of your little girl, and meet my new niece!!
That was such a nice post Heidi! I too got a little teary-eyed reading that and am excited for your connection with your baby. That is so fun! The other day in RS, a woman was talking about how her son (at like age 3) told her one day that he remembers being so excited to meet her and I just know your baby is feeling the same way. Congrats to you and I'm sure you're getting excited for her to come!
That is so cool Heidi! We're so excited for you kids!
first of all, we borrowed all 10 seasons of 'friends' a couple weeks before school started, so we figured we should watch them all before the start of the semester so simon wouldn't be distracted. maren was up all night every night anyway, so it wasn't hard, but after watching all those episodes in less than 3 weeks, we were slightly sick of the show....if that's even possible. but thank you for that post. it's good to remember that our kids have always been our kids...we're just waiting to gather them all together here.
Post a Comment