02 February 2008

Tribute to the late LDS President Hinckley

I don't know if you're familiar with Glenn Beck, but this is his tribute to Pres. Hinckley.

“‘Here and there, and now and then, God makes a giant among men.’ President [Gordon B.] Hinckley was such a giant – a giant of knowledge, of faith, of testimony, of compassion, of vision.” --President Thomas S. Monson

President Hinckley's Funeral today was beautiful; I was able to watch it from the computer. It emphasized the hope and inspiration that he radiated and was able to share in his example to everyone he met. It emphasized his wit and good humor, his commitment and dedication to his family and to the church. It emphasized his desire to continually be better, to stand up for something, to be willing to stand out from the world, to serve with confidence in the Lord. I know I can continue to learn from his example and I will. I look forward to the great things that will come to pass because of the hard work of the new prophet, who will most likely be President Thomas S. Monson. I am grateful to know that until Christ comes again, a prophet will stand on the earth to do His work.

No comments: