23 February 2008

ACDA, stolen phone

ACDA was a success. I went Thursday evening, stayed in my hotel room the whole night, and went to bed early. The next morning I sat in on a couple of rehearsals. It turns out that I didn't really need to be there until right before the concert because that's the first time we ever practiced my piece (and I never got to rehearse it in the Folly Theater where we performed). That was a little frustrating because I felt like I was missing work for nothing.

The concert turned out great and a lot of familiar faces were in the audience. My parents were there along with my junior high and high school choir teachers, my main university choir director, my good and long-time friend Greg, and several former KU Chamber Choir members (they were GTA's at the time) who I really enjoyed singing with in my younger KU years and have long since passed KU by now. You'd think all the familiar faces would intensify my nerves, but they really just made me feel at home. I was able to relax and just sing the song that by then I knew so well. Everyone was very complimentary afterward and I felt like it was one of the best times I had ever sung it. The whole concert was great and the Folly Theater is SO FUN to sing in. Mom and Dad bought the recording of the concert, so when we get it, I'll post the audio of 'David of the White Rock' in all its glory.

Tonight at Walmart Luke's phone got stollen when it fell out of his pocket in the fitting room. We went back once we realized Luke didn't have it and it was long gone. We went to the Sprint store and luckily we knew the guy who was working there (from church) and he was able to help us out by getting Luke a new phone for just $50 (after a rebate) instead of having to pay full price. It's still not fun to have to drop $50 so unexpectedly, but it was a great blessing to have a connection. The lamest part of the story is that Adam (our friend who helped us) told us that someone had called to report Luke's phone stolen, then called back to report it found. LAME!

Now Luke's brother's Matt & Jake, and his friend Nick, are here playing Halo 3 until who knows when. I'm not waiting up.

No comments: