At first I heard a couple of loud sporadic ticks and got really confused. It sounded too loud and strange to be what we were looking for, but then again I wasn't really that sure what it would sound like. She made funny concentrating faces until she finally focused in on a quiet, constant thudding of our little baby's heartbeat. The pulse rate was about 170, she said, exactly as it should be. Luke says it sounded like a man's heartbeat. I didn't cry, but felt a a simple overwhelming joy that such a tiny little rapid heartbeat belonged to a beautiful spirit who has been waiting to come to the earth to gain a body and to be our child.
:) yay.
On another note, Luke had gone to the doctor last week, where they told him he ought to have *both of his knees* X-rayed. They said he might have to have surgery or might have arthritis. He called yesterday about the results and as I got in the car after work, he said "so, I have to have surgery." Then he talked about how he has a bone spurt that needs to be cut out and blah blah blah blaahhh blah blah blah blahblahblabla my husband is a liar!!!!!! He's fine and just wanted to see my reaction. What a dork (but I love him...).
I'm going to the Free State choir concert tonight and am getting paid to support a student "just in case" (she has never needed the support so far). It should be nice.
Oh yeah, and happy 7 month anniversary to Lucas and me yesterday. We celebrated by eating free chipotle for Cinco de Mayo because we work for the school district. It was sweet.
1 comment:
Yay for heartbeats! I'm so super excited for your family (if you haven't figured that out yet...I don't know if my huge smile every time I see you is a big enough hint....)! And yay that Luke DOESN'T need surgery.
Post a Comment