22 April 2008

bullets of thought

I should be in bed by now, but Luke brought me Taco Bell at about 9 and it hasn't quite settled well enough for me to go to bed yet. This is all so scatter-brained that I decided to use bullets to make clear the drastic subject changes.

  • I don't know how many people watch American Idol anymore, but nothing broke my heart tonight more than Jason Castro singing "Memory." Yes, from CATS. I won't elaborate too much on my feelings concerning this musical or song, but boo. I really like Jason Castro because he has a lot of personality and can make a lot of songs sound really interesting. However, this just proves that NOTHING can salvage that horrible horrible horrible song. This is just my opinion. Andrew Lloyd Webber was probably the most painful for me to watch so far... though David Cook did a surprisingly good job. I just get kind of sick of Phantom of the Opera. I know they're nice songs, but he has written some much much better songs. That's all about that.
  • Yesterday was my first real OB appointment and I found out that I will have the doctor I hoped for (the one my sister has gone to and recommended to me), so I'm happy about that. They took away one of my weeks, so my due date is now November 28th, making me not 9 weeks along until Thursday. They also gave me some nausea medicine that isn't too severe. It makes me very slightly groggy, but I can take it as soon as I get up and it helps SO much.
  • I am really sad that I lost my camera a couple of months ago. I really have no idea what happened to it... and it was in a really cute case that my sister Gina got me for my birthday a few years back. So, that's why my posts have been so lacking of the cute, fun pictures.
  • I apologize because lately my mind is just all over the place that it seems very unlikely that I would just post about one thing. I have been watching a lot more basketball than I ever would have expected. Luke had a basketball game tonight and I, at home by myself, was watching the Suns vs. the Spurs.
  • I am really excited to go to Showtime this weekend. My 18 year-old brother Eric is involved in it this year, so I can't wait to see him perform. Something about my brother is that he's pretty quiet most of the time. He's one of those people who startles you with how hilarious he is because it really just comes out of nowhere. Eric originally planned on playing football, but sophomore year he completely changed his schedule... first he decided to do marching band instead of football, then he changed his whole schedule around so he could be in choir. It's exciting to see him be interested in the things that were such a big part of high school for me. I can see though, how it would be a little overwhelming to get involved in something and then have 3 (mom, me, and my sister Kelly) very voiced opinions flying at you. Anyway, my point is that I'm excited to go to Showtime and see Eric out of his shell. Turns out he's a pretty cool kid.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Um, Eric can't be in Showtime because I'm pretty sure he is about 12 or 13 years old, and he is making fun of you when I come to your house and we talk about BBMak and the Backstreet Boys. So you just tell him he's too young for that.

Is he a senior? Is he going to KU?

Also, be prepared for me to throw out some name suggestions that I fully expect you to use for your kid. Starting with Paxton.

Oh, thanks for that trip down memory lane.