25 March 2008

back to work, Easter Sunday

it was kind of a challenge going back to work yesterday. for a while, i was really enjoying working as a paraeducator and it still has its moments, but i think i'm getting worn out in the same way the students do by the end of the school year. when i was in school, i'm pretty sure i had 'senioritis' by my sophomore year, so i'm not sure what i'm doing working at a school. there are just a couple of students i work with who really want to fight everything i ask them to do. one kid swore at me 3 times today and ended up having to sit in the hallway the rest of the time. i just want to say, i'm sorry you're having a bad day (and i sincerely am), but do you understand that your choosing to react this way just makes everyone else have a bad day? i know i'm not a very patient person, so i'm sure that's one of the reasons i need to be working as a para. i am still looking for something new beginning in the summer, since i can't work as a para in the summer and luke and i need a more solid income for when he starts school in the fall.

by the way, yay for the economic stimulus act of 2008. and yay that we qualify.

we had a good Easter on Sunday. unfortunately, i can't find my camera, so i was taking pictures with my sister Lori's camera all night, but i still got some good ones. Easter is one of my favorite holidays because i feel like it is an opportunity to really celebrate the greatest source of hope we could ever imagine. Because Christ rose from the tomb on the 3rd day as a resurrected being, I have hope (confidence that God will fulfill his promises) that we also will be resurrected when Christ returns to the earth. I know that He conquered death so that we could live eternally with him and our Heavenly Father. This Sunday was a little strange to me because I felt like this amazing blessing was quite understated. Granted, the Resurrection of Jesus Christ should be considered and discussed often, but Sunday was a great opportunity to be reminded of the great and infinite sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for each and every one of us, so that we can repent and be made whole again. It seems so easy to be grateful that Christ died, but what would that have meant if He had not then lived again? He died, that He might live again; that He might conquer mortality for our sakes. I know this is true because I have experienced a witness of the Holy Ghost that it is true. When I write these truths, I feel at peace and I know that my Heavenly Father has created a perfect (and very individual) plan for each one of us. He is in the details because He has chosen to be. I guess that means I have to choose to pay attention for it really to make a difference in my life.

I am grateful for all of the love I get to experience every day of my life. I am grateful for the many opportunities I have and I am hopeful for the future (by "hopeful" I don't mean that I wish for the future to be bright, but I mean that I know that God has offered me a guide that will allow me to feel joy in this life, and in the life to come).

Life is good.

2 comments:

Karen Ruth said...

You always have the coolest templates. How do you do it?! I realize that sounds like a really dumb comment after such a beautiful post and testimony. Sorry.

rick and cheryl said...

I agree, you are going to have to teach me how to do that Heidi. Your blog looks great-as well as Lori's.