16 February 2008

Our first Valentine's Day was a nice, low key evening. We went to Chili's for dinner at about 4:30 (we both didn't eat much for lunch), then ate the leftovers at about 9 later that night. We avoided the crowds and had good food, so I won't complain there. Then we just stayed in, watching movies and relaxing. Most of the time, that's all I need.

At work, one of the hours I assist a student in a Jewelry class, which so far has been a lot of fun for me. I have to be careful not to take over his projects, but am glad to assist when he needs my help getting things started or things like that. Right now they're making decorative pins out of twisting copper wire and adding beads and coils of colored wire. I'm helping my student make one that is shaped like a guitar and he's really enjoying that he made something he would actually be proud to wear. He is getting the hang of this assignment, so his teacher said I could make my own pin :) I made a design with a treble clef and some circles and like it a lot. It isn't done yet, but you may see me wearing it at some point in the near future.

I finally got some prints from my wedding and our trip to Idaho for Matt and Ali's wedding. We got a collage frame for our wedding and finally just filled it this week. I've also ordered an 8x10 print of the Nauvoo Temple. I had taken the picture a while back when the ward went for Fall Break and I used my newly learned skills from Digital Imaging class to edit it and make it look really nice (it's the current profile picture). I'm excited to get that, as well as some other prints I got for a gift... details on that later.

Not a lot has gone on the past couple of weeks. Last week I was sick half the week and the other half was at Mandt training (it's the school district's choice of method for assisting and restraining students when necessary and is based on building relationships to try and prevent incidents from happening). This week I've just been SO EXHAUSTED every day that I just come home after work and can hardly function. Many naps have been taken in preparation for the upcoming week of concert events for ACDA. Today after work Luke and I both accidentally slept for about 4 hours. Ah well. I guess we needed it.

On a less personal note, the teaser trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie came out on V-Day and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I'm just glad they're not trying to make super old Harrison Ford look like he hasn't aged. They make note of his age and allow it to contribute to the humor of the movie. We'll definitely see it, along with a long list of movies that we plan to see: Juno, Fool's Gold, 27 Dresses, The Bucket List, The Spiderwick Chronicles (and those are just movies that are already out... we haven't been to a movie in a while).

Life is good...and exhausting. Good night.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I'm kind of jealous that you get to take an jewelry class AND a graphic design class. I took Jewelry in HS and really liked it. You'll have to teach me the graphic design stuff.

Gina said...

hmmm...Sounds like it's time for a sisters jewelry workshop. I still have tons of beads and fittings...
Love you Heidi!