
President Gordon Bitner Hinckley, the prophet and president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints passed away last night about 8 p.m. CST. Honestly, I thought I would be a lot more devastated when this finally happened, but at 97, I can't think of how his life could've contained more goodness within it. His wife passed away in April of 2004 and all I can feel is the joy that he must feel right now as he can finally be with her again. President Hinckley has been the prophet since 1995, so for pretty much all of my adult life, he is the one I have looked to the most for guidance and direction in my life. He was called to be a messenger to all the world... a mouthpiece to direct us through the words of the Lord.
I know, through the many things that President Hinckley has brought about, that he was truly a prophet of the Lord (by his fruits ye shall know him). Not only that, but the Spirit has testified it to me, every time I have heard him speak. He would speak with humility, good humor, and with great authority because he had confidence in the Lord.
He has accomplished so much for the Lord's kingdom and I am so grateful to have been able to learn so much from such a wonderful man. I know the next prophet, to be named after President Hinckley's funeral, will be just as inspired as President Hinckley, and I look forward to learning from him as he is directed by the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment