13 November 2007

yiiiikes

Nobody's head is on straight today. What's with this week? I couldn't get out of bed today, Luke sounded like he hadn't slept in a month when we got up to pray together, and no one wants to be at school today or is at least struggling.



On a more exciting note, we're getting ready for our big Thanksgiving lunch next Tuesday. The students get to invite guests (family) and we're all contributing to the feast. We've started to decorate a little during down time. I got to make acorns today. My job is kind of awesome.



(from yesterday) 2. I am blessed with a job that I actually enjoy going to every day. It brings its own challenges, but I enjoy being in the lives of these kids. They have good hearts.

3. I am blessed with a family who is supportive of my decisions.

1 comment:

Beth said...

so...at least at my school that has a large number of struggling students (and a large # in general, or about 2500-3000 students), now is the time of the school year that there are the most problems/fights/etc. i think it's because it's holiday season, which is supposed to be "the most wonderful time of the year," but a lot of the kids have bad home lives, so it's not full of rosy memories for them.

probably not what you're talking about (esp with you and luke :) ) but my problem students are extra problemy lately. and one of student's dad just died of cancer, and another whose dad was killed just had to get through his birthday, and about 1/3 of my kids are failing right now, and there is a standarized test they are taking this week. on friday all the teachers had to stand in the halls and make sure everyone left school quickly because there's been a lot of tension/fighting between the black and hispanic students. okay...i think i need to make a post of my own or something. i'll stop now.

love ya!