23 October 2009

thoughts and Cards Trends Blog

As far as the last post, I've decided to just be proactive. If I really want to have a relationship with the people I've been friends with in the past, then I need to be the one to make the effort to actually HAVE a relationship with those people.

Tomorrow I'm singing at a funeral for a 24 year-old man, who is the younger brother of a good friend from high school. His passing was very unexpected, so I ask that you all keep the family in your prayers tomorrow (Saturday) especially.

On a lighter note, I have a card featured on the Card Trends Blog today!  This blog is done by CARDS Magazine, so it gets a lot of traffic.  It's exciting that my work is starting to be recognized and showcased.  This challenge was to make a collage-like card, so I literally used scraps from another card to make it (with a few added things).  I was recognized for my overall design, but especially for my unique color combination.  Anyway, that was fun!

I hope everyone has a fun weekend!  Halloween is only 8 days away!

3 comments:

Suzie said...

Heidi, you have such a gift! Your cards are beautiful. I wish I were more creative and crafty. Looks like you're paving your way to a really cool business.

Beth said...

Who died? How sad it is, and how trivial things like that make my problems seem.

LynAnne Smucker said...

Congrats on the publication. Your design skills are really good. Sorry to hear about the job scam, but glad that both you and Luke are hanging in there and have employment now.