it feels good to finally take some time to sit down in front of the computer--something i haven't really done in a while. first of all, saturday, january 3rd, we moved. we are now in a 3 bedroom duplex and we really like it. we have cleaned the old place, turned in the keys, etc, so we are free of it (it really was a great place, so it's kind of bittersweet). of course, don't try to go into the back 2 bedrooms as they are still completely filled with boxes. we hope for that to change at some point. so, that's the first big event.
The next day, sunday the 4th, Adelle was given her baby blessing in sacrament meeting at the student ward. Luke gave the blessing and the people in the circle included Luke (duh), my dad, my brother Eric (Kevin was in bed very ill and Craig and his family moved to St. Louis, so sadly they couldn't participate), my brother-in-law Chris, and Luke's friends Matt, Sam, and Nick. i'm really glad luke and i talked about the blessing after church because as i was trying to focus and remember every little word, i somehow missed about half of it. I am so grateful to be married to a worthy priesthood holder who could use his priesthood keys to bless our little girl. It was a very sweet experience. After church, the family came over for some delicious shepherd's pie (made with roast instead of hamburger... so good). It was fun to have (almost) everyone in our home and for them to actually fit. Luke and I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep (we stayed up literally all night packing the friday night before that), so I guess after eating and everything it sunk in. Let's just say we woke up after almost everyone had left because they felt bad that we were both asleep.
All this past week we had some more training for our new job along with attempted unpacking. Then yesterday (Saturday), we decided to celebrate Luke's birthday, which was on our moving day the 3rd. We went to see Seven Pounds, which was a very interesting and well-made movie, though I don't know how I feel about the ending.. that's all I'll say about that. Then we ate at Longhorn Steakhouse, which was honestly a little disappointing (except the mashed potatoes were excellent) and did a little shopping. Thanks to our friends Matt and Ali for babysitting!!!
Finally, today we attended a new ward. We decided that along with our move across town that it was time to move to a family ward, especially because the church building isn't even 2 minutes away from our house now. It's the ward that Luke went to when he was a youth, so he knows a lot more people than I do, but Iwas surprised at how quickly it felt familiar and comfortable. It will take a while getting used to a family ward, but I really look forward to it. One thing I think is really great is that the Bishop decided to use Preach My Gospel for the majority of Sacrament Meeting talks throughout the year. It is just focusing on pure simple truths and the things that the gospel is built upon. I really look forward to learning from Preach My Gospel this year.
Anyway, that is the very lengthy update. We're doing well, Adelle is changing so quickly, and we're getting a little less tired as each week goes by. To me, that's success. Eventually we'll unpack the cord for uploading pictures from the camera so I can post them, but until then, imagine a really cute little girl whose cute little chubby cheeks are getting chubbier and a cute little girl who now knows how to smile at her mom and daddy when they do something she likes (ya know, when she feels like it). We love heer so much and it is so fun thinking about who she is already trying to become.
More to come... you know, as time is constantly passing.
4 comments:
Wow - that's so many changes in such a short time. I'm so sad we didn't get to know you guys better before you moved {and switched wards}. We'll have to get together sometime or hang out a time or two. And of course you can always come to the monthly craft days :)
Glad you guys are doing so well.
It was so fun to hang out with Adelle all day. Seriously. We had a blast babysitting. Anytime you need it, we'd love to watch her for you!
I'm so sad--I missed the blessing and now you 3 are "moving on". :( It's like half the ward is "moving on" right now. What a bummer. Well, hope you post more pictures soon so we can watch your daughter grow up from a far :(
Mary P.
Jan 4th was busy day for baby blessings both of my bothers blessed their little girls too!
Post a Comment