11 February 2009

In response to my last post, Ali wrote "other than this, how's life?" so I will attempt to respond before I forget entirely about it and move on to something else completely (story of my life, more and more and more as time goes on).

Life is good! It's hard to say how life is outside of the job because wow does it take up a lot of my life. However, there are actually other aspects. For example:

Adelle is fantastic. She is trying so hard to laugh that she constantly throws her arms and legs down and makes this heart-melting expression that I'm pretty sure is imitating my "let's be excited when we say hi" face. It usually consists of opening my mouth really big (you know, like the big-mouthed surprise gasp) and then saying "hi!" a few times... and her version is so cute. She just smiles and opens her mouth really big while crinkling her nose. I made. the cutest baby. ever. It's as simple as that. Of course, it does make me wonder just exactly how goofy I look to her when I make said face. I'm pretty sure she'll love me either way, so I'm okay with it. One sad things is that I think she is already being affected by the allergens in the air. The last couple of days she's been sneezing a ton and randomly has the red puffy eyes to go with it. I don't like seeing her having to feel yucky like that :( We're washing everything and trying to pinpoint what exactly is causing it.

Church is great too! I really enjoy being in a family ward and I LOVE that I got called as a Primary Teacher. It's for CTR 6 (the kids who will turn 6 during the year) and completely exhausting and rewarding. I pretty much have every extreme of personalities/energy levels in that class and it cracks me up constantly. And wow, you really can tell which kids get taught at home and which don't.

Now that we're getting a little more situated into the new place, I've been getting more motivated to do some crafting, etc. I bought a couple of scrapbook albums, one for Adelle (black with small white polka-dots) and one for Luke for mission pictures (per his request). I also started working more on a quilt that I started before Adelle was born and the top is almost done now (I do not sew quickly. Not at all.). Thanks to Lori for letting me stay very late to get some of it done last weekend. She has been teaching me a ton along the way (and managing the machine because I still can't figure out how to thread the thing) (I apparently like using parentheses a lot).

5 comments:

keighty said...

I want to make blankies for my babies! Remember everything you're taught, because I want to mooch off your knowledge someday. I slept with my blanky all through high school, and probably would still if it wasn't replaced with a husband, a cat, and a dog (and a blanky Bobby gave me while we were dating). A friend of a friend or something made mine-- Adelle is going to love hers so much more simply because you made it. Way to be a good mom!

Chelsea said...

I'm so glad you like your ward. It honestly made the biggest difference for us when we moved here.

Heidi - you should come next Saturday {Feb 21st} to Craft Day and finish your quilt! I'm sure there are plenty of girls that would love to tend to Adelle while you're both here and you can get it done! No pressure or anything :)

Anonymous said...

Yes! My name made your blog! I feel so special! Just kidding. But I'm very glad to hear that life is going well for you all. We miss you guys.

Scott and Laura Bowles said...

we totally agree with you on the primary kids statement. we teach the 10, 11, and kids turning 12. all 14 of them... ya huge class but any way every week we are shocked to see what they do know and usually more shocking is what they dont know...example: who is Hyrum Smith? scott's head just about exploded.

We wish you luck in your calling, and work and hope your family continues to do well.

Chelsea said...

yay! you can just use whatever machines are here. I have two (but haven't found the power cord to the second one yet) but one is always available, even if it means taking turns. And usually, it's perfect timing for trade offs.

Anyways, it's 11:30ish (most come around noon) until 5ish --just an open door type of thing.

Call or email me if you can come and want directions!